What Orthodontic Conditions do Clear Braces Treat?
Both Invisalign and Damon clear braces can correct mild to moderate orthodontic problems. Under the guidance of our highly-skilled Irving Orthodontist, these methods can be used for some complex issues.
The following are some common conditions that clear braces can correct:
- Overcrowding – This occurs when there is too little space for the teeth to align normally in the mouth. Overcrowding can cause tooth decay and increase the likelihood of gum disease.
- Gaps Between Teeth – This can sometimes occur because teeth are missing or because the jaw continues to grow abnormally.
- Cross-bite – This common dental problem occurs when one or multiple upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth. As a consequence, uneven wear can lead to bone erosion and gum disease.
- Over-bite – This problem occurs when the upper teeth project further than or completely cover the lower teeth. Eventually, jaw pain and TMJ may occur.
- Under-bite – This is the inverse of the overbite; the lower teeth project further than or completely cover the upper teeth. Eventually, jaw pain and TMJ can occur.
Please see our Invisalign and Damon® pages for details on each of these innovative solutions.